Friday, September 30, 2011

Burlap Photo Board

Hi everyone, I'm back and felling a little better.  I hope all of you are doing well.  I did get one of my many projects completed, but, I really don't know where I am going to put it.  I may use it to display pictures of my daycare (for parents to see in my entry), or, my den to display random family pictures.  I may even use it to display Christmas cards.  Anyway, here it is -- it was very easy to do.






Remember the picture frames?  The smaller one with apples is what I used.
(I am almost finished with the larger frame -- it is so cool)




I painted and distressed the frame to match my other picture frames for the den here.




I stashed the glass in the garage and used the back piece.  I just strayed it with tacky spray (I seriously love this stuff) and attached the burlap right to it.




I trimmed the edges with scissors, and,





put it back together -- ta da....



Then, I picked up some small screw eyes and tiny clothes pins from Walmart.  They were very easy to screw in the side of picture frame.



Once the eyes were in, I just threaded twine through them in a zig zag.  I'm not quite sure I like the zig zag, but, for now, I think it is kinda cheeky.




Of course, I made rosettes with the scraps.



Should I add a rosette to the frame?  Maybe burlap?

Happy crafting.



3 comments:

Comments make my day, thanks.