Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Candy Corn Fudge

Hi Everyone.  I hope you are all having a great week.  I can't believe it is already Wednesday.  Now, I know there was a full moon at the beginning of the week.  I didn't notice last night, but, I truly believe that a full moon has an effect on small kids.  This week, I have had a couple of little ones that like to grab my legs as I walk by -- YIKES.  They all call me Miss Rhonda, and this week, I know they have increased in volume and they say it even more than normal.  I love them dearly, but this week, I wanted to wrap my legs in barbed wire and change my name to Sally.  Anyway, I noticed that I don't post too many deserts.  Actually, I have only posted one other, and, that was in February.  Go here to see.  So, on to Candy Corn Fudge:





This is really easy.  You need an 8 oz brick of cream cheese (at room temp.)
2 c. powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla (I always like a little more)
3 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. dried cherries
2 c. mini pretzels (broken)


Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.



Add vanilla and mix a little more.



Add broken pretzels, and,



dried cherries (I used dried mixed berries - so much cheaper) and fold in.



I put a piece of parchment paper down in my pan to make it easier to lift out. I used a smaller brownie pan for mine.



Dump it in, and,


level it out.



Sprinkle about a cup of candy corn on top and press down a little.  I put it into the fridge for about 2 hours to set.


Lift out the parchment paper and you have perfectly set fudge to cut into 1 inch squares.




I found some orange cup cake papers in the pantry to make them a little more festive.  I wish I had some mini ones.  That would be perfect ; )




YUMMY.
Please come back to see the cute package I am working on ; )

Rhonda

4 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I would love it if you stopped by my blog and linked this up to my weekly link party. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks crazy good. I really like that you added the pretzels (salty) the combo with the sweet is always so yum! You are welcome to add this or any of your photos/posts to our Photo Friday Blog Hop- Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this with white chocolate! Last year I made it with regular chocolate and it was amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.