Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ribbon, Ribbon, and More Ribbon

I needed ribbon to finish my kids Valentine's this year, and, what a mess they are.  Remember this?  It is still awesome. and, I use it all the 
time. 


You can see it HERE.  I, however, have a lot more ribbon than storage 
places on that rack.  






 YIKES.  This is what I started with.  A tangle of ribbon and lace.



I gathered up the loose ribbon and taped it onto a toilet paper roll.  For those fly away pieces, I used a hair pin to hold it in place.



Then I sorted all the ribbon by color.  I have a lot of themed ribbon (i.e., Christmas, Halloween, etc.), so, I put that together in a container.  Then, I have some doubles, and, my lace.  I put them in another container.



I tried to put like colors together on a rod.



I got this package at Michael's when I made my Ribbon Rack.  I think they are large sucker sticks.



Those Dowels, fit perfectly through the holes.  I fit four rods in there.



The loose ends of the ribbon, I threaded through the holes on the side of my Dollar Tree container I have had forever.




Put a label on it and sat in on top of the other two bins I have in my laundry room.  I will show more pictures of that after I organize it, yet AGAIN.  My kids always ask me why I have to reorganize the laundry room and the pantry.  My reply is always YOU.........

My ribbon and I are so HAPPY.

Thanks for stopping by.

XOXO


Please check out my Party Page HERE

43 comments:

  1. It looks great. I like that ribbon w/spiders on it, that's neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it...can you please add a "pin it" button to your blog?? That would be so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to store ribbon -I will have to remember this since I need to do something with my ribbon :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I've always got ribbon woes! This looks like a wonderful solution. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Sugar Bee Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever ideas of storage!Thanks so much for sharing.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I would love to have you share at my link party.

    http://www.bloominghomestead.com/2013/02/crafty-tuesday-link-party-21913.html

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Now following from the Wednesday Fluster Buster Link.
    Sandy
    www.savardstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best idea I've seen for ribbon storage! I love it, and I am going to work on this today. YAY!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy
    lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda- Love this idea! I just shared on my facebook page/notatrophywife.

    Thanks for linking up to Favorite Friday! Love it! laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great ribbon solution!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Idea! Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for ribbon! Thank you so much for sharing last weekend at @The Weekend re-Treat!

    Hope to see you again this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rhonda This is featured at Favorite Friday at I'm Not a Trophy Wife. Would love for you to grab a button and share the news! Thanks for linking up, xo laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.