Friday, October 25, 2013

DIY Halloween Decorative Balls

Happy Friday everyone.  Wow, and another week has slipped by.  I have been told that the older we get, the faster things go -- this year has been warp speed and I think it is only picking up the pace.  I did manage to get a couple of projects done, and hopefully, I will be decorated by the time Halloween is here.







These are my Halloween DIY Deco Balls



This is what I start with.  I fell in love with this cute spider web bowl from The Dollar store.  I just glued it onto a Dollar Store candle stick and it instantly became an elegant bowl for decorative balls.


I think it is so cool.



These are my Halloween themed decorative balls.



These are the supplies I needed.




I had extra bugs from a sensory project I did with the kids.  Now on to the individual deco balls.




Fly Ball (this is in honor of my softball player - a fly ball to catch -- haha)




This one is just rolled rosettes (my favorite flower).





I cut little squares of tissue paper and mod podged them on.  I really liked the shinny finish.




This one, I just twisted the strips of fabric onto the ball and secured it with hot glue.  The fun green one is just mod podged.



This one is my favorite and I am making a few more.



I started by soaking strips of Dollar Store gauze in my coffee.  I took the strips outside and let them dry completely.




It just gave it an older appearance.  Then, I just wrapped the ball to look a little messy.



Added some google eyes, and




popped him on top of my bowl.




By far, he is my favorite.  Hope you are are having a spooktacular time this Halloween season.

Happy Haunting.



6 comments:

  1. I'd say you are all ready for Halloween. Got me beat by a country mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, love all the clever ideas, love the mummy one so sweet and fun and scary ....right up my alley...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative and fun idea!! Love how you created the elegant ball holder... it's really cool! All of your Halloween balls are fabulous, but that mummy one is my favorite as well!!

    Thanks for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ideas! Your project turned out fabulous!!!


    Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas.
    Have a nice day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the bowl! Balls are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.