Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My thrifty Memorial Day Weekend

Ok, so this weekend my hubby was helping his parents with memorial day flowers and what not.  That left me alone to go thrifting.  I had such a great time and look at the loot I picked up.

sectioned basket

vintage ceiling tiles and white lamp

picture frames

file holder thingy


I am still keeping my eye out for a few specific things, but, all in all, I love what I got.  The little white lamp is going to be transformed and put in my master bathroom.  I have no idea what I am gonna do with that urn, but, I just loved it.  Especially for $5.00.  I also picked up a few picture frames.  I have seen quite a few crafts that I want to try and they all use picture frames.

 I will confess early.  I have a thing for office supplies.  I just love them.  Pens, pencils, paper of any kind, and especially containers.  This file holder thingy really has me exited.  I can hardly wait for the computer desk challenge.

I did find these vintage ceiling tiles.  They have a great pattern, but, are very rusty.  Can anyone tell me how to clean them up?  And how to display them??????????

Ok, the sectioned basket will appear in my next post.  I love reading the Nesting Place with the Nester.  I love how she says it doesn't have to be perfect.  She uses baskets for her utensil drawers and it looks so cool.  I am going for that look and I hope they will evolve into something prettier.


Did anyone else have a great thrifty weekend.  If so please post and let me know.

1 comment:

Comments make my day, thanks.