Monday, May 7, 2012

Southwest Tater Tot Casserole and This Week's Chicken Feed

So, when you fall off the horse (not blogging, cooking or crafting), you get right back on -- with, SW Tater Tot Casserole - ha ha.  




This is my secret weapon.  Leftover taco meat.  It is not often that I make ground meat tacos, but, when I do, I make enough for tater tot casserole later in the week.  I don't use one of those packets though.  I just add a little garlic powder, salt and chili powder to taste.  For a little kick, add some red pepper flakes.



It is really simple and good.  You need, taco meat, a can of green chili's, a large can of cream of mushroom soup, tater tots, and I like Colby jack cheese.



Mix all together in a large bowl.  I just put a large handful of cheese in the mixture and mix it up good.



Put it in a greased casserole dish and top with more cheese.




Cover with foil and bake in a 350 oven for about an hour.  Check the center because it takes a little time to bake through all those frozen tater tots.





I forgot to take a picture of my Mandarin Orange salad -- sorry.  Any salad would do.

Enjoy.


This week's Chicken Feed:

Monday:  Carnita's Tacos and Fideo
Tuesday:  Cuban Sandwich and Cole Slaw
Wednesday:  7 ingredient Lemon Salmon, Rice, and Squash
Thursday:  Crock Pot Smothered Meatloaf and Carrots
Friday:  Pizza
Saturday:  BBQ - Dad's Choice
Sunday:  Mother's Day Surprise

What are you having for dinner this week?  If there is a certain recipe you want me to share, please let me know in your comment. 

Rhonda

Sharing with:





3 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! that looks so yummy!!! wish i could have some of that for dinner tonight!! LoL New Follower via email :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so tasty! I bet it's great cold weather, comfort food!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.