Monday, August 27, 2012

Chorizo Breakfast Burrito

A Happy Monday to all.  Wow, another weekend gone, my kids at work and school, my house full of little ones, and here I am spinning.  I had my kids clean their rooms this weekend, and I found where they stashed all their stuff.  I went into the laundry room and there was no floor.  I tried to get to my dryer and I swear something reached up from the bottom and grabbed my ankle -- looking around, there was nothing to hold on to that wouldn't go down with me.  I felt a little anger rising up, so, I decided to leave the laundry for tomorrow.  Wow, do you think that has something to do with the mountain of dirty clothes???  Do you ever have those moments?  I always have such great plans to get organized and stay that way (this time).  When I saw the  52 Week Organization Challenge, I quickly climbed aboard.  I kept thinking, what a great idea.  I was feeling pretty good about myself for about two weeks.  I have since fallen off the wagon, was run over, and I am now being dragged behind, hanging on for dear life.  I hope you stay tuned, because, I will attempt to organize and schedule my way out of this mess, yet again.

Now, my two college kids are still living at home, so, my mornings are still really crazy.  I am up at 5 a.m. because I like to take a few min. to do a little bible study and have a cup of coffee before life hits the fan.  My oldest daughter coaches her old High School's JV cheer team and is out the door at 5:50 a.m.   I get my first little one between 6:15 and 6:30 a.m.  My remaining three kids leave at 7:40 and 8:20.  While fixing my kids' breakfast and listing to them ask, "Where is?  Have you seen?  I continue getting little ones until I fix their breakfast at 8:00.  Now, my poor husband just sneaks out sometime around 6:30.  I think he is just feeling happy to have gotten out with his life clean clothes and a warm cup of coffee.   So yesterday, I made some breakfast burritos to help me in the morning.  No extra pans, bowls, and time to spend on four different breakfasts because, this is one that all my kids love.  It makes me happy to know that they got off with a decent meal to help them focus at school, and, I think I saw a couple in my hubby's hand on his way out.  YEAH.  Sorry you had to listen to me rant before I tell you how I did it:



I just bought a couple packs of Pork Chorizo.



I cubed some red potatoes and boiled them in a little salted water for about 8 to 10 min.  Here they are drained and ready.




Squeeze the chorizo into the pan and cook it off.



Add the potatoes and crack a few eggs in there and continue to cook until all the eggs are done.




Put a little of the mixture on a flour tortilla (I like Lala's) and add some cheese.



I wrap them in plastic wrap so they are easy to pop in the microwave.  Not only is it quick, but, the dishes are done and there is nothing to clean up but the plastic wrap.  I almost feel like I have super powers.  oh wait, the laundry.....  

What do you do to make your mornings easier?

Rhonda

3 comments:

  1. Nom Nom! I love chorizo and egg tacos for breakfast so this definitely looks amazing. I like how you did them in bulk and wrapped them to make breakfast fast and easy--I will follow that idea myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Thank you so much for such a great breakfast idea. My daughter would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.