Monday, September 24, 2012

Chili Rellenos Casserole

Another Monday, another casserole.  I know I make a lot of casseroles, but, my family is very busy in the evening, and, casseroles are easy to put together at lunch.  I usually bake them around 3:00 p.m.  When my family starts to come in (no matter what time), they can reheat a portion in the microwave.  The last one to eat has to put the leftovers (if any) away and wash the pan.  We love Mexican food and eat it any chance we get.  This recipe delivers great Mexican flavor, especially, if you love Chili Rellenos at a restaurant.  I was so lucky to find this recipe in a magazine years ago.  It took just making it once to become a staple.  I make it at least twice a month.  Before the recipe, here is this Week's Chicken Feed:

Monday - Tater Tot Casserole
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Baked Fish and Fat Girl Rice
Thursday - Two Games and practice/Eat Out
Friday - Calzone/Pepperoni and Ham and Broccoli
Saturday - Hamburger on the Grill
Sunday - Lasagna 

If you would like a recipe from the list above, let me know in the comments and I will post it next week.  On to the Rellenos Casserole:



2 Cans (4oz each) chopped green chilies
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
4 cups (16 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 t salt
2 eggs
2 cups of milk


I use a large can of whole green chilies and cover the entire bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  The next layer is the ground beef (I salt and pepper my meat a little).



Add the cheese, flour and salt in a mixing bowl.



I mix the eggs right in the two cups of mild and



Pour into my cheese mixture.  Stir well.



Pour over meat and chilies and bake uncovered, in a 350 oven, for 40 minuets.



A knife will come out clean in the center of the casserole when done.



YUMMY.......

Enjoy,
Rhonda



8 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Menu Plan Monday. I wish my family liked casseroles because that seems like a great plan for our busy nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...YUM!

    Happy New Follower! Found you thru the GFC blog hop! Hope you will stop by my blog!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.rambling-southern-belle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from Creations by Kara's Linky Party. Great looking recipe. Love cheese. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks yummy, I think I will make it tonight! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be sharing this yumminess with our daughter She has a big family and I think this is perfect. Hopping over and following along from Freedom Friday xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I make tons of casseroles or crock pot meals--hey we're busy ladies! I can't wait to give this a try:)
    Thanks for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop! See you again on Tuesday!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pinned it so I can try it later. Sounds delicious, Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.