Monday, August 19, 2013

A Restfull Day and a Entryway Shelf

Well, we are all back to school and work now.  My older kids start college tomorrow and my younger kids and I have been back for over a week.  This is the first time I have been glad to see it gone and ready to start a new school year.  This is the first day of the rest of our lives.  I have been saying that a lot lately.  I think with all that has happened, and the fact that both of my babies are in High School this year, have had a lot to do with it.  The week before school starts is when my work really gets going.  I have my daycare kids and sometimes their older brother's and sister's too, so, that paycheck is what I use to get my kids school clothes and supplies.  It is just a week before school starts and we shop like crazy to get it all done in one weekend.  



Even though I was tired, I got up this morning at 5:00 so I could put a load of laundry in before church.  I started my coffee and was sitting on my sofa when I decided not to go to church, or start on the house and laundry right away.



I just put my head back and dozed a little, drank a little coffee, and got a little inspired.  I really needed that and feel so much better.  After looking at all the magazines, I got excited about redecorating my Entryway Shelf



when I realized that I haven't even posted what I have had up for the past month or so.  I really love my tray (I also have one with roosters).  I had my eye on it for quite sometime at Michael's.  Then one day, I went in and they were 80% off - YIPPEE!!  I was so happy, I bought both for under $10.00.



Isn't is pretty?



I also go a few bottles and some pretty stones (everything 80% off).  In the morning, I really enjoy the light hitting all the pretty colors.




Did I mention flowers too?  I have to admit, I went a little crazy.  Now, the pretty white vase, I made by hot gluing a dollar store vase to a dollar store candle stick and painting it a glossy white.  I wrapped some twine and tied on this pretty key.  It was on clearance from the jewelry section.




I have really enjoyed this, but, I am ready to start something different.  I hope you all stay tuned to see what is next.

Have a great week.


13 comments:

  1. I love your shelf, and the way it is decorated. I am in the process of decorating my living room and would love to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda I love your shelf...the bird tray is so cute! I too have one in college (who I just moved into his first apartment), one in high school, and one who graduated college this past spring and starts teaching tomorrow (a general music teacher)....here's to craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully arranged! Christine from Little BRags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Rhonda especially the tray and white vase with the key! Really great creative ideas! Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Loretta love your homemade vase, and that key is gorgeous.

    Consider sharing at Tuesdays With a Twist.

    http://yourlife7.blogspot.com/2013/08/tuesdays-with-twist-20-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tray is too cute. And aren't you glad school started?

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I especially love the twine wrapped around the vase, it's the little things for me! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I'm hosting a giveaway for $100 in throw pillows at my blog. You should swing by and enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/throw-pillow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is TOO cute! I'd love for you to link it up on my DIY Weekend feature!

    mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Cute! I'm working on my entry way at my office.
    Thank you so much for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist. Come on over and share what you've been working on.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/08/tuesdays-with-twist-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Great job putting everything together. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.