Monday, September 16, 2013

Hostess Gift for a BBQ

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all having a great week.  Mine is going by so fast, I can't believe that it is already Friday Monday (wow, where did the weekend go?).  I have had these pictures in my camera since Labor Day.  We were running late (imagine that) when I took them and I know they are not very good -- my apologies.  My family was invited to a BBQ, and, I was told to bring nothing.  I can never go empty handed, so, whipping this up was faster and without having to do a ton of dishes.  








For my BBQ sauce, I used my favorite bottled sauce and added a little brown sugar, mustard and splash of vinegar.  I put it in a mason jar and made it pretty.


I took matches from The Dollar Store and covered it with pretty paper.




For the napkin rings, I just cut up a paper towel roll,



and covered it with twine



and a natural fabric.



Put a bow on it and called it done.



I had a cute basket, chalkboard tag and a little bobble to package it up.




I wrapped it all in bandannas (to be used at napkins).

Now, let's eat.........

Just to let you know, it was a fabulous time and the food was amazing!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, I like the originality of the bandanas as home decor. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the way a gift is presented that makes it special. I bet this made the host's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hostess gift. And I love that you just jazzed up storebought BBQ sauce ... smart! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.