Sunday, January 22, 2012

Taco Soup and the Week's Chicken Feed

Each week, I will feature one recipe from the previous week.  If there is a certain recipe you want, please let me know.  This week's (January 23 - January 29, 2012) menu is:

Monday - Linguine and Clam Sauce,Salad
Tuesday - Sausage and bean soup, Rolls and Salad
Wednesday - Beef and Spinach Pitas, Raw Veggies and Ranch
Thursday - Black Beans and Rice, Broccoli
Friday - Up-side down Pizza, Salad

Saturday - Softball won't be home
Sunday -  BBQ (Dad's Choice)


This was our Taco Soup.  I love this soup.  It is really thick and good.

 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
       1 envelope taco seasoning (I just use chili powder, garlic, cumin and 
          oregano)
       2 cans whole kernel corn undrained
       2 cans ranch style or chili beans undrained
       2 cans diced tomatoes undrained
       
Garnish with avocado, tomato, onion, crushed tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.

Over medium heat brown meat, drain fat and add seasoning.  Stir in everything but the garnish and simmer for about 15 to 20 min.  When done, put crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of your bowl top with soup and then garnish away.
Enjoy!

It is from Taste of Home's 2003 Quick Cooking 



Sorry, one of my lovely children erased my soup pictures.

Rhonda




2 comments:

Comments make my day, thanks.