Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Things - Red Hutch

I can't believe how fast this month is going.  It will be September, then, on to the holiday's.  I just wanted to share a few of my favorite groupings for this summer.  I also wanted to send a thank you to all the bloggers in blog land who have helped me find my inner sanity.  I have always loved to stamp, craft and cook, but, over the past few years, raising a family has taken over my entire being.  I am a much happier and saner being since I have started blogging and crafting again.  So, thank you again from the bottom of my heart to all that have inspired me :  ]

Here is one of my coop favorites:


This is my big empty red hutch.  This is so much fun to decorate for the holidays.  The off/summer months have always been hard.  So, this year I took a little extra time and put a few things together.



I got this chicken from The Cracker Barrel Country Store.  Have you ever eaten at a Cracker Barrel?  Oh my, it is so good.  Down home country cooking, and, BIG portions.  Their little country store is a hoot.  At the end of a season, they discount their merchandise like 75 to 80 %.  I got this cutie for $6.00.



My friend and neighbor brought this pretty plate back to me from her vacation.  I think it is so pretty.   Who doesn't love willow figures.


This was so much fun and not like me at all.


I spray painted the candlesticks I had on hand.  I rescued the black tray from my yard.  It had a couple of little pots in it and and was looking pretty bad.  I cleaned it up and painted it too.  The clock doesn't work, but, I found it for .50 at a yard sale.  So cute.



I love my little tiered stand.  I got it at Wal Mart just a couple of weeks ago for under $5.00.



There it is.  It is not exactly how I want it, but, it is getting close.



This is on top.  I have had these old spools for a long time.  I really don't know what to do with them.  If anybody has any idea's, please let me know.

Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow will be another Summer Thing.

1 comment:

Comments make my day, thanks.