Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pesto Tuna Melts and This Week's Chicken Feed

Wow, I know this is late, but, I have been a little crazy lately.  My father in law is still being hospitalized.  I know your prayers are helping, but, I don't know if will be going home as of yet.   My husband has been at the hospital almost every day until 9:00 p.m. for about a month now.   I really didn't think it would be an issue at all, however, I didn't realize how much he did help.  He takes and picks up Jean and Matthew from sports, he will sometimes stop for milk, bring me a coffee, and did I mention that the kids behave a little better when he is home.  I have been running my daycare business during the day (which begins at 6:30 a.m.) and then taking and picking my kids up from sports (which ends around 9:00 p.m.).  I make dinner either at lunch or in between taking/dropping my kids.  We eat really late, and, they have been a little naughty since dad is not here to "Keep the Peace".  I know I am whining a lot little, but, please somebody give me some cheese to go with this wine.............  I guess I am going to have to admit -- My dear sweet hubby does help me and A LOT.  I will be glad to get him back.  Now, a couple of pics of this weekends sports:






This is Jean.  She is 12 and a great softball player.  She catches and plays third.



I get a kick of her because she is not afraid to get dirty and never cries when she gets hit with the ball or anything.  When she gets home, she watches America's Top Model and does the cat walk - hee hee.



Go batter.



On to this week's chicken feed.  Remember, you can always request a recipe to be highlighted next week.


        Monday          Pork Chops, roasted potatoes, asparagus and salad
        Tuesday          Macaroni and Cheese (my mom's recipe) and green beans
        Wednesday     Chicken Enchiladas, Salad with Salsa Ranch
        Thursday         Ground beef Stroganoff and mixed veggies
        Friday             Pizza
        Saturday         Sausage and German Potato Salad
        Sunday           Chicken Parmesan and Salad


This is a great quick fix to dress up regular tuna.  My family likes the white albacore the best.  I fixed this and it wasn't enough for all my family -- dad was home late so he just had a bologna sandwich - MY BAD.........





I used three cans of tuna, drained and put in a bowl.




I added some chopped red pepper, a couple of tablespoons of mayo, grated Parmesan and about 1/4 cup of pesto.  Salt and pepper to taste.



Mix it up.  I tried not to break it up too much.




Scoop it onto toasted rye bread (my son brought me some wonderful rye bread from The Bread Smith)and  top with Swiss cheese.  Broil for about 3 to 5 minuets until bubbly.




I served it with some fresh cut veggies and Sun chips.




I know it sounds weird, but, try it, it is really good.

Enjoy.
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, thanks.