Friday, July 20, 2012

Pasta alla Cheeca

Happy Friday everyone.  I am working on my crazy house/daycare stuff because I only have 12 more days before I am rocking and rolling again.  All the teachers go back August 2nd.  When I have a lot to do, I rely on a few dishes that don't require much effort, but, have great flavor.  This one delivers.  You start it in the morning and let it sit on your counter all day.  Here it is:




What you will need:  Fresh tomato (4 or 5), fresh basil (about 1 cup torn), fresh garlic (4 cloves), 1t. Italian seasoning, 1/4 t. red pepper flakes, salt, and, 1/3 c. olive oil.




Smash your garlic cloves with the back of your knife.




It makes it easy to peel.




After washing your tomatoes and basil.




Peeling your smashed garlic -- leave it whole in the bowl.  It will be raw and very strong, it will also be easy to pick out and/or eat.




Rip your tomatoes into bite size pieces,




tear your basil, add spices and salt (to your taste).




Add olive oil and mix.




Cover with plastic wrap and leave on your counter all day.




I put my chicken on the grill and boiled some pasta.




Add hot pasta, adjust salt and add Parmesan.






It goes so nice with grilled chicken that marinated in Italian dressing all day.

Fast food for busy days.
Rhonda



5 comments:

  1. Mmmm,what a pretty dish and I just know it is delish! Thanks for the share...oh, can I have a litte? LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I am a teacher too. 4th Grade. We go back in 3 weeks. Love your blog. Found you from the Friday Blog Hop. Reply if you wish at http://www.superherosandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pasta with fresh ingredients:) This looks so good! Doesn't look like fast food to me, so much better.
    I am just dropping back by to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Just hop on over to my place to hear all the details.
    Always love popping over to the Messy Roost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds delicious!! We will definitely have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.