Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine Decorations and How I Store Them

I am hoping that everybody had a wonderful Valentines Day and felt the love they deserve.  I did, however, I was also very busy.  I don't understand how 2, 3 and 4 year-old's can get so excited.  Their energy level is almost as high as Christmas.  Anyway, this is a little late, especially since I took everything down today.


I love my Cloche.  I got it from Decor Steals.  Decor Steals is so cool.  Please go and check it out.  I have a button located just below on the right side of my blog.  It works like Pick your Plum.



A little pink love bird.



I found them at The Dollar Tree, fell in love, and bought a few.



I got this cutie at Hobby Lobby and paid more that $1.00.  They only had one left.



So, I decided to make one.  I just sprayed it with a light glossy pink.



He is so cute.



The Big Red Hutch.




This cute little picture was made from an old frame (painted it pink), news paper, a heart shaped cookie cutter and a hole punch.



The cone topiary was from last year, and I made the pretty beaded decorative ball for Christmas.  I used one my awesome Styrofoam balls that I got from The Dollar Tree, and simply glued some pretty pink pearls on it.





The Entryway Shelf.



My son Matthew threw this vase on a wheel at school.



Oh, how I love this.  Another Decor Steals item (seriously go check them out).



It is now time to put them away.  I used one of my Decor Steals boxes to pack all my Valentines up and closed it off.



Before I closed it up, I listed all the contents.   Labeled it Storage, Valentine, and numbered it #1.



I put Val #1 on all sides of the box, put it in the attic for storage and filed my index card away.  That way, I can just look at my card to "see" what is in it.  Also, if I change the contents, or, add another box to my Valentine collection, I just change and/or add my index card.  File under Storage, then by Holiday in the file.




I did the same with all my Christmas decorations.  I will eventually get tubs, but for now, boxes work just fine.

See you soon, I am working on my ribbon now.

XOXO


4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you don't throw away your valentines gift after! Keep on saving,recycle, up-cycle and storing them always.

    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have so many awesome decorations! I love the tips on how to store, too! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share! Hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda we love all of your seasonal decorating! Great tips on storage! Thank you for linking up in our Crafty Showcase last week.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo Susie @Bowdabra

    New Linky
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/02/23/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-2/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, thanks.