Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Den Dilemma

I am so blessed, one of my friends has gifted me a sofa.  I am so thrilled because, I didn't see getting one until my own kids are gone (they are so hard on furniture), and I was done doing daycare.



I am having a hard time getting a good picture of it.  Sorry, the lighting is bad.




This is better.



Isn't it pretty -- I am feeling so very blessed right now.  During the day, I cover it with a sheet to protect it from little noses and fingers - ha ha.  Now, behind and on both sides of the windows I have cheap bookcases.  I am thinking of removing them completely.  What do you think?



This was the big green monster before, don't mind the kids, they are playing office.



This is the coordinating chair,  isn't it gross.?  I really want to cover it.  I was thinking of using one of the drop clothes.  I will have to get my sewing skills up first though.  The table next to it used to be in my bedroom.  I use an old desk as a night stand now, and really don't like this one at all.  I am thinking of selling it or painting it or........  Any suggestions?




I once tried decorating it a little western.  You can see the cowboy hat hanging on a horseshoe rack.   But, over the years it has become a catch all for the furniture I really don't love and toys, kids games and TV.



On this wall, I was thinking of doing a board and batten affect with or without a shelf.  Above that, I was thinking of a gallery wall.  I have been picking up frames at garage sales and thrift stores.  I found that red shelf and painted red, HATED it.  It is now in the garage.  Maybe a fresh coat of paint??????



In this picture, you can see how narrow it is.  It's kind of long an narrow.  Hard to arrange furniture.  I really think it was meant to be a bedroom at one time.  I  am hoping to join this century and get a flat screen and cute cabinet soon.  Until then, I am stuck with this set up.  When cleaned up, it's really not that bad.  Any suggestions??????   Anyway, my little office space is in that closet on the right. 



I am in the process of re-doing my office space.  I think it will be cute.  Just stay tuned.



Toys out my kazoo............  Any Ideas?????????  I also have to touch up the paint.  The kids through toys and miss the box and love to hit the wall.....
Please help.  I would love any comments on what to do.  This is one of the biggest projects I am going to tackle.  So, here is to re-decorating on the very cheap..... ha ha   I look forward to all your comments.

Rhonda

2 comments:

Comments make my day, thanks.