Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Counter Chalk Board

I put up a new chalkboard.  This one sits at the end of my kitchen counter.  The kids can draw and keep busy while I am on the phone, with a parent, or just making lunch.  I can also write a quite note to let my parents know what is going on that day.  Below, I just let them know that we are working on the letter A this week.





Remember this cork board?  Well I took the cork off of an old cork board.  I didn't want to throw it out because it was a nice frame. 



So, I just cut a  piece of  foam board to fit inside of my frame and painted it with chalkboard paint.  I also brushed some barn red onto the corkboard frame.



I cut the foam board (from the dollar store) so that it would fit snug enough not to have to glue it.  I can recreate something else when I get tired of the chalkboard.  Oh, I just used command strips to hold it to the counter.  I had the command strips and the paint, so, I just spent $1.00.
The kids love it.  This is what it looks like today.




Love chalkboard paint.
Rhonda




1 comment:

Comments make my day, thanks.