Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Corn Salad

Ok, so last night we just had a hamburger on the grill and some chips.  To compliment it, I made this salad.  I got it from Lucinda, Mad Hungry.  I think the next time I make it, I will roast the corn first, and then add cilantro instead of the basil, and turn it a little southwest.  Anyway, here goes:



You will need about six fresh uncooked cobbs of corn
Fresh Lime
Green Onion about 3 or 4
Tomato (I like the little grape ones) cut in half or diced
Fresh Basil (chopped)
Salt & pepper to taste
Olive Oil (about 1/4 cup or as much or as little as you like)




I like to use a piece of that non slip shelf paper to hold my bowl and cutting board.  It really doesn't slip, therefore, it is much safer.


Cut the corn off the cobb.


run the back of your knife down the cobb after you cut it off to get the milk.  It makes it really good and adds a creamy texture too.


Add all other ingredients, squeeze your lime in, mix and enjoy.  It is really fresh, and will go with any grilled meat you have this summer. 

Enjoy!

If you have any good summber salads, please let me know.

1 comment:

Comments make my day, thanks.