Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yummy Chicken

I am loving summer and I have a chance to cook.  Last night I made 5 Ingredient Spicy Apricot Chicken and Thia Bok Choy Slaw.


I started by making the slaw

It turned out so pretty



Then I made my marinade for the chicken



I baked the chicken at 400 for 25 min.
Steamed some rice and squash


This is how I plated my dish
(real food channel talk - ha ha)


Slaw

Bag of Cole Slaw (you can use just purple cabbage too)
I used about 4 baby bok choy cut really thin
a hand full of shredded carrot
1/2 cup mayo
1 table spoon of peanut butter
1 table spoon lime juice
1 table spoon of soy
salt and pepper to taste
mix all together and put in the fridge
(you can adjust the ingredients to suite your own taste)

Chicken

Place boneless breast on baking sheet with salt and pepper on both sides
mix together
3/4 cup apricot nectar
1/2 cup apricot jam
2 Table spoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese hot mustard or mustard powder
(add red chili flakes to make it hotter)

our the mixture all over the chicken (I placed the chicken on foil for easy clean up)
Bake at 400 for about 25 to 30 min.
Enjoy

1 comment:

Comments make my day, thanks.